Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My kind of town, Chicago is... [Part 5 of 5]

Day 7 - Tuesday
Why do the days always fly by so much faster when you're away from home? The days came and went and all of a sudden it was Tuesday. Time to go home.

Home. Man that sounds nice when you've been away for a while. I didn't want to leave Kevin but he had things to do and so did I. I didn't want to leave Chicago because Houston was waiting for us. Ugh. I didn't want to leave our friends because I was having fun for the first time in months. But as much as I was sad to leave, I was looking forward to being back in my home, in my bed, with all the familiar smells and comforts that belong only to our home.

It was a short morning but here are our last photos as we left for the airport. If you can't read her onesie it says "Favorite Things: Daddy, Hugs, Kisses".
Uncle Pennybags finally held Avelyn without tears! From her anyway. Who wouldn't cry if she was leaving? Ha ha ha. Oh, I should probably expand on how poor Jim got saddled with the moniker I keep mentioning. Back in February I saw a picture of the monopoly man (Uncle Pennybags) and Jim popped in my head. Don't ask me how that association came together. Anyway, I asked him if he would wear a monocle and let the baby call him Uncle Pennybags. He didn't officially agree but would commit to teaching the baby to say "Bully for you. Hrrmph!" Four points if you can figure that one out.

At our dinner out Monday night I told this story to Kevin and Richey and Jim mentioned something about having a problem with the monocle. Richey came up with the brilliant idea to just wear two monocles, thus preserving the ability to see and live up to the name. Excellent idea Richey. Well done. I will end on a high note. I think the next picture is pretty self explanatory. Uncle Pennybags, Richey, Kevin... we had an awesome time. Let's do it again real soon.W: Just when you think this [post] is terrible something wonderful happens.
S: What?
W: It ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!