Monday, February 2, 2009

The song that never ends

I'm finally home. Hobo Baby and Daddy are doing alright back in the SA. No one has lost any fingers or toes yet. Before I left I laid out all of Avelyn's clothes into little "ensembles" and took pictures of them so Kevin could make sure she matched. I won't go into details about where the nickname Hobo Baby came from so let's just say it wasn't pretty (even though she was).

Tomorrow is Avelyn's first day of school so I will be thinking of her all day. We took her by this morning to get acquainted with the teachers and other kids. The teachers seem great and really hands on with the kids so I think she will fall into a groove pretty soon. They sit in "circle time" and read and sing and dance and roll around on the floor with them. That's important for babies, I think, the rolling around on the floor. Helps keep 'em grounded. Ha.

I really, really miss her tonight, I hate not putting her to bed, but I have sooo much studying to do for a test tomorrow. I plan to eat some dinner, shower and then hit the books.

If you think of it tomorrow wish us luck as we all start a new way of life. I miss her but I know she will be just fine in her new surroundings and will thrive once she gets used to it.

94 days to Momma's graduation!

3 comments:

  1. Pictures of outfits? I love it! I laid out two weeks worth of clothes for Clay for the last couple of months before I went into the hospital (I did several stays). Looking cute is definitely a priority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very proud of your optimism! Good for you! Avelyn is going to do fabulously in her new class. As will you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how did Tuesday and Wednesday go for baby girl and her new school?? And how is her mamma doing?

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!