Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby love

I was just scrolling through my 'Avelyn' photo album on the computer, stressing that we haven't taken nearly enough pictures of her.  I mean, we only have 493 pictures (yes, I counted and no, they aren't all keepers).  I was thinking to myself, that's only 70 pictures a week... 10 photos a day... clearly if we were good parents we would take about 70 a day - right?  Ha.  

It wouldn't slow down time or make a bit of difference.  It seems like every day she looks a little bit older and I can't help but feel nostalgic when she's not even 2 months old.  Now that I have a child of my own I realize that so many old cliche's I would have once rolled my eyes at stand true.  I could never have imagined how much I could love a baby until Avelyn was placed in my arms.  I just call it 'baby love' because I can't accurately describe it and you can't understand unless you have a baby of your own.  It's a new feeling unlike any other - utterly pure and innocent and soft.

I hope I am able to hold onto and remember the little things she does that we are probably taking for granted right now, assuming we'll never forget.  I think I will make a list this week of all my favorites from these first 8 weeks.  I'll start now with my number one.
  1. Her voice sounds like angel wings.  Really.  There is no other way I can describe the sounds she makes when she sighs.  It sounds like angel wings and is the most beautiful noise there has ever been.  I know she will start making real baby noises soon and I'll love those oohs and aahs just as much, but for now I am in love with my new baby and her new baby voice.  Just beautiful.
If there really is a heaven and they let me in the door, I hope it feels like baby love and sounds like angel wings.  


2 comments:

  1. I love the new format... its guite pretty! Angel wings, huh? Yeah, I think so. I can't wait to hear her voice sometime soon... Avelyn Angel, our precious one...

    Grandmuhma loves you, SNE

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the new format too! but i would pick a different color for the font, this one is hard to read on the pink background.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!