Saturday, December 6, 2008

Springs, dumps and black belts

Parents Strongly Cautioned
This post contains some material that many parents would find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age. Parents are strongly urged to exercise greater care in monitoring this post and are cautioned against letting children under the age of 14 read unattended. This post contains one or more of the following: intense violence (V), intense sexual situations (S), strong coarse language (L), or intensely suggestive dialogue (D).


We spent the afternoon in Old Town Spring walking around and looking at wares, some cool and thus too expensive, and some crap and thus not purchased. Avelyn and I slung it in front of some Christmas characters and I finally realized that the Halloween candy, loaves (plural) of banana bread, chocolate ice cream and BAGS of pretzels I've been devouring for the past few weeks are catching up with me. For my own selfish pride I've chosen the photo in which I most don't look like I'm reenacting IV fat face.



Stopped by the The Dump on the way home and ran inside to scan their rug selection while Kevin drove a sleeping baby around the parking lot and took pictures of the setting sun reflecting in shop windows. They had a few rugs I really liked for $239 and under. Too bad we're so freakin' broke. Why do I do this to myself?

Got home and plugged in the iPod whence we proceeded to dance the evening away with Little Bit until she begged for a bath.

Jammin' from Jennifer Welch on Vimeo.
I called Kevin upstairs after a little bath play to see her being oh so cute. He came up singing The Flaming Lips.

"Her name is Yoshimi - she's a black belt in karate, woo hoo... WOO! Hey do you think she (Avelyn) should take karate?"

"I don't know. If she wants to I guess." He then segways into Tenacious D.

"With karate I'll kick your ass..." and he kicks me in my ass as I'm bent over the tub washing our daughter.

"What the hell! You just kicked me in the vag! Well you kicked me half in my ass too. I pushed a baby out of that area and it's all messed up you A-hole. That hurt!" (I wonder how long I can use this excuse...)

"I didn't mean to kick you in the vagina."

"How about you just don't KICK me!"

It was a pretty entertaining conversation. I wish I had it on tape because you'd all laugh your own a$$es off. When I told him later that of course I would be retelling the story here on the blog he rolled his eyes and smirked like it was a dumb idea so I proceeded to recite to him our conversation and he realized how funny it was. As I walked upstairs he said "Well, at least it will reflect my eclectic musical taste." I guess that's why I love him.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO...now you have a new reason not to have sex...a re-injured vajayjay!

    PS - your IV fat face looks skinnier than my normal face. So blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my blog postings were as funny as yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you sooooo have to do a girls night! Besides that fact that you actually get to have a conversation without using the phrase, " ____ had three poopy diapers today..." it's so wonderful to chill out. It was a very needed thing and I am so glad that I did it.
    YES I so wished we lived closer! I could watch Avelyn for you and we could actually DO things. :)
    Hope you do well on finals/end of the semester crap!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!