Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Avelyn's first Thanksgiving started out a little rough. She's teething two teeth that so far exhibit signs of being as stubborn as my teeth. God helps us all.

Luckily for all involved she has recently discovered the joys of the teething ring. That and cold baby food fruit. She must be my child after all.

After some screeching, talking and general complaints she assisted me in making pancakes and bacon for Daddy while he slept like a baby upstairs (ha). Pretty soon she showed the usual signs of needing a nap and went down for an hour and a half (!). Her (not new) thing is to awake from naps wailing the usual Cry of the [now Scared] and Abused Baby so that was a lovely treat. I was dressed and ready to go, got her dressed while Kevin showered and we were out the door.

I was excited for her to see my dad's family. She sees my grandparents weekly and she had met a few of them over the summer but a few were new and she is not great at meeting strangers, especially when they're in a big group. I can't remember the last time I went to a Thanksgiving at my grandparents and we had so much fun. The first few pass arounds went okay, then she got a little testy. I don't know, maybe it was the altitude up there or something.


After lunch we sat around and visited. And laughed. A few of us slept. One of us might have tried to eat some foliage. One of us might have been kidnapped in a stroller and pushed around until we screamed to come home.


(are you totally sick of my pictures yet?)



Before Avelyn decided it was finally time for a nap we rounded everyone up and took the customary family picture on the fifty year old swing. Keep in mind we're missing eight more people. There is no telling how many pictures have been taken on this swing over the years.



Oh yeah, last but certainly not least... self portraiture of the original Michelin Man baby.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I definately regret going camera crazy now. Thanks for the ode. I'm honored, really. Love your pics Jenn!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!