Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We are so not cool

Ugggggggggggggggggh.  Our air conditioner is broken and it's hot.  Really, really hot.  Well actually, thanks to Tropical Storm Edouard, today it's only 77 degrees outside so it's much cooler in the house - only 84 degrees.  Yesterday, while I waited ALL DAY LONG to hear from the landlord about someone coming to check it out it got up to 90 degrees in the house.  We thought we were dying, as evidenced by Avelyn, Etta and Thumper all laying in direct line of the single rotating fan.  I would be prostrate in front of the fan too but I was commemorating the event.  Ah, these precious moments in life.   Sometime this week we're getting a new air conditioner.  Until then we are staying at my grandparents house, riding out the storm (which knocked out their satellite).  Pray for us all.  Especially me who has to pack up Avelyn in the car at 11pm tonight to get Kevin from the airport.  Like sands through the hourglass...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!