Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One year ago today...

...Kevin left Houston for San Antonio. We had just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. A little while after he left something weird happened that made me think maybe it wasn't so crazy to think I was pregnant. I drove to the store with butterflies in my stomach and bought some pregnancy tests, probably my 10th stick to pee on in the last three weeks. (I told you before, somehow I just new within days of becoming pregnant but I just had to wait a while to see.)

I thought I would throw up waiting for that stick to do something. Didn't have to wait too long to see a very faint plus sign. A part of me thought "Maybe it's false. It's too faint to be real, right?" The other part said "Heck no, preggo! A line is a line is a line."

So then I proceeded to alternately jump around the room, tell Etta and Thumper we were having a baby and stare at myself in the mirror trying to say convincingly, "I'm having a baby. We're having a baby. I'm gonna be a Momma. OH.MY.LORD!!!!"

Then I did this.

The next day was my first day of nursing school. Perfect timing. They say the morning pee has the most pregnancy hormone so I held it all night long. You know, just to be sure. Then around 5 in the morning I forgot what I was saving it for and accidently flushed before I remembered the test. I'm pretty sure I said a dirty word. Oh well, I decided, if I'm really pregnant it will show up anyway, morning pee or not. I went ahead and did it again the next time I got up and I got that extra line. THREE more times.

And that's how I found out I was pregnant. Kevin would have to wait a few more days...

[see part two here ]

3 comments:

  1. I love this story... I didn't know this is how it happened! ha ha ha ha... How beautiful!

    Hugs to you baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you did that! What a great story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the same tests! And they are still in a drawer in the bathroom :)

    But I stuck a pillow under my shirt, not a blanket!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!