Sunday, July 27, 2008

My kind of town, Chicago is... [Part 2 of 5]

Day 4 - Saturday
Saturday started out a little rough. There was a big thunderstorm in the wee hours of the morning and it rained for hours until early afternoon. It was so dark outside when we woke up that I think Avelyn slept a bit later than usual (!), but I could be wrong. I have minimal memory of anything that didn't happen five minutes ago. Friday it had rained in the morning and I was really disappointed because I had planned to take pictures of Avelyn in one of the Northwestern gardens for her 3 month "birthday" and now Saturday was looking pretty ugly too. Luckily she got some playtime with Daddy and they looked supercute together. I've missed feeling like a family since Kevin has been away and I can't wait for him to come home in just over 1 week!
Kevin was busy for most of the day but we were able to meet up with him for lunch at the cafeteria and then it was back to the hot stinky dorm for Avelyn and I. I am working to try and get her to sleep in her crib during naps but it has been slow going. She slept for about 45 minutes that afternoon and then woke up. I laid her on the bed to have a little after-nap chat and she passed out again. Since there was no TV, it was dark and drizzly and I am paranoid about her rolling off the bed I decided this was the perfect time to snuggle up with my own personal snuggle bunny and enjoy a little nap myself. I really thought we would be there for 30 minutes, max. TWO HOURS later she woke up. She never sleeps that long! It was the best nap I think I have ever taken but it probably helps to have such a cute napping buddy. We finally got to have our after-nap chat and she just about talked my ear off. I absolutely love all the smiles I get these days and I can't wait to hear her laugh.
Kevin managed to sneak away for a few hours and we went out to dinner just the three of us. It had turned into such a beautiful evening that after our dinner we joined Uncle Pennybags at Chipolte for his dinner and sat outside enjoying the sunset. I love sunsets. I love sunsets in Chicago with nice weather that allows you to sit outside without melting or tearing off your clothes.

Two points if you can guess who is on her onesie.

Ohhh, I think he loves her...My happy Big Little baby

4 comments:

  1. Either Mr. T or Popeye. Am I right???
    I'm glad you girls had a fun trip to Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Great guesses but not even close! (I'm so excited you guys will be back in the states soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know... Alfred H and the Birds... LOL, I should've made a bird bow!

    I LOVE the photos of A and y'all! Tell Kevin this baby looks exactly like him! Love them!

    Grandmuhma SNE

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way, she looks more like me every day. Lucky girl! And you're right, it is Alfred Hitchcock with a bird. Two points for you GRANNY. :P

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!