Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Showerpalooza 2008 Part I

I had a baby shower in Houston on Sunday and it was great! I'm pretty sure I won't have to buy Avelyn any outfits for the next 3 years. Okay, maybe not that long, but we did get more clothes than anything else! Ladies just go ga-ga for baby clothes! The good news is that a little girl can never have enough clothes!

The shower was hosted by an old family friend and was full of people that have known me for over 20 years. It was a little weird to be surrounded by people who changed my diapers. Even my first grade reading teacher attended and I bet you can guess what she brought -- baby's first books! Two classics, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and Pat the Bunny. I think my favorite gift of the day was a scrapbook my mom made. It's beautiful! Anyone who knows me knows how important photos are to me, but I have no time or patience for scrapbooking. I get too caught up in details and getting everything "just right". She did a great job and all I have to do is add the pictures. Perfect! The hard part will be not filling it up within Avelyn's first two weeks of life. Thank you to everyone for all the beautiful gifts and the wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!