Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mini comedian

So, I just thought I'd share a funny little tidbit. Yesterday I was on the phone with Kevin talking about what I should eat for lunch. I was telling him how sure I am that that this baby hates salt, apple juice, and must be a vegetarian because the thought, smell, taste or mention of meat is so disgusting I can't stand it (and I used to be a die hard red meat fiend. These are good changes that I've made, eliminating my salt intake and cutting out red meats but I'm still surprised).

Anyway, I've never really loved food in general and I don't overeat or indulge in unnecessarily huge portions. I figured my appetite might increase a little during pregnancy but alas, no change. Actually I'm less interested in food than before but that probably has more to do with being poor and limited to my pantry than anything else. So Kevin jumps into concerned husband/new dad mode (very sweet) and starts telling me I need to "make sure I eat enough because this baby needs to grow!" and yada, yada, yada. And I'm like, yeah, I know, it's not like I'm starving the kid, I'm just mentioning that perhaps it has inherited my picky food trait! Gasp!

Just as I'm reassuring him that everything is fine, the baby is fed, I'm fed (just really wanting PF Chang's egg rolls 24/7, hint hint), but that I do probably need to pay more attention to nutritious foods he/she just kicks me 5 times in a row. Jab, jab, jab, jab, jab! As if to say "Yes, you stupid IDIOT! It's lunchtime! Feed me!" Perfect timing, right on cue! So obviously this has led me to the only available conclusion - he must be a genius because his conversational skills and comedic timing have already been perfected at just 19 weeks in the womb. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving ME a comment? Oh, I'm so flattered!